Wieck Built Online Newsroom Proves to be World-Beater
DALLAS, Texas – Two Baylor Health Care System sites built and managed by Wieck Media are winners in the 2011 Digital PR Awards presented by PR News. The wins came in the Online Newsroom category and the best organizational Blog.
The Online Newsroom bested other finalists that included Cisco Systems Inc., and Intel & Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide. They, along with Fahlgren Mortine with Crown Equipment, received honorable mentions.
Baylor’s blog won over Euro RSCG Worldwide PR, Shift Communications – PR-Squared, and USANA Health Sciences, which received honorable mentions.
Two other Baylor entries received honorable mentions in the Best New Site and Best Video categories. Wieck Media is also involved with both those entries.
“We’re very pleased to see our client newsroom and blog sites honored as best in this competition,” said James Wieck, who is chairman of Wieck Media and Wieck Australasia. “The credit is due to the managers and staffers at Baylor Health Care System and to our own employees who developed, manage and maintain the sites.”
“And it also is satisfying to note that the blog site received an honorable mention in the New Site competition,” Mr. Wieck said, “and that a Baylor video production in which Jacob Sloan, our social media guru, had a hand also received an honorable mention in the Video competition.”
The New Site winner was the American Automobile Association and the Video winner was Kronos Incorporated.
Results by Category
Baylor Health Care System – Baylor Health Care System Online Newsroom
- Cisco Systems Inc. – “The Network”: Cisco’s Technology News Site
- Fahlgren Mortine with Crown Equipment – Social Media Newsroom
- Intel & Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide – Intel Reinvents Its Online Newsroom
Baylor Health Care System – Sammons Says: Viewpoints on cancer prevention, treatment and research
- Euro RSCG Worldwide PR – The Sisterhood
- Shift Communications – PR-Squared – Todd Defren on PR, Social Media and Life
- USANA Health Sciences – What’s Up, USANA?
American Automobile Association (AAA) – Keys2Drive – Teen Driver Safety
- Adfero Group – 4K for Cancer
- Baylor Health Care System – Sammons Says: Viewpoints on cancer prevention, treatment and research
- Impress Labs – SAFC Live
Kronos Incorporated – Celebrating Working Women: International Women’s Day 2011
- Baylor Health Care System – DRV NOW, TXT L8TR
- CRT/tanaka and Network Solutions – Go Granny: How Network Solutions Stole the Super Bowl
- Visit Newport Beach Inc. – “Escape Car-Mageddon” Ride the Waves Instead of the Breaks
- Weber Shandwick Detroit – Track to Street: Corvette Racing Series, 2010
For more results see http://www.prnewsonline.com/digitalpr2011/